A bee venom collector is an equipment used to collect venom from the bees without harming them. The collector consists of two panels with insulated wires running along its length and a glass on top of it. The non porous glass ensures that the bees can dispense their venom without ripping its abdomen open which is how they die after stinging a porous surface like the skin. The wire grid produces small electrical charges which stimulates the bees by agitating them causing them to attack the source of the disturbance. The venom is then deposited on the glass and the collected by repeatedly dragging the scrapper along its surface. The collected powder is then stored in the small vials provided.
The venom collector consists of;
- A Battery; Battery capacity A/C Version 3500 MAH; B/D/E Version 5000 MAH
- Operation controller with digital display monitor
- Charger; Charger working voltage: AC100-240V
- Electrical Wire grid; Volume:510mm*410mm*30mm
- Output cables; Controller Output: 1-99 gear
- Glass slide on which the bee venom is secreted.
- Two vials for venom storage
- A scrapper
How do you set up the venom collector
- The first step is to open the cover of the hive.
- Place the electric grid onto the open hive
- Place clean glass onto the electric grid
- Connect the grid using the output cables provided
- Turn on the machine from the operation controller. You can use the controller to set the time and adjust frequency accordingly.